A few friends and I decided to look into the 12 month Nintendo family plan to save some $$.
- Up to 8 members
- $55 AUD (split between friends)
- No hacking the console or game-play
- Admin may remove anyone at any point
- If the Supervised email is accepted the account could potentially be locked down.
- Shared emails (privacy)
- ADMIN: ONLY 1 per FG. ONLY they can Add and Remove other accounts at will from the FG. Removing any other account no matter the role from the FG can be done without the consent of the account removed if the admin decides to do so. Every Admin 18+ also has the PARENT role. Can grant the PARENT and SUPERVISED role to GENERAL accounts. CAN’T leave the FG.
- PARENT/Guardian: (We’ll just refer to it as parent) Can assign GENERAL accounts as SUPERVISED and can impose eShop restrictions on them
- GENERAL: Your role when you join a FG. No privileges appart from being able to leave the FG.
- SUPERVISED: No privileges, CAN’T leave the FG. CAN HAVE ESHOP ACCESS RESTRICTED BY ANY PARENT.
- Enable 2FA on your account
- Use an email address you are happy for other members to see
- Only enter the plan with people you trust, especially if you are not the Admin
- Leave all members as ‘General’
Some info gathered/copied from Reddit